After posting a recipe for this Low Carb Chorizo and Jicama skillet last week, I got inundated with reader emails asking me for more jicama recipes. Specifically, more gluten-free and paleo jicama recipes.
I hear you – we have been feeling the same way in our house lately, using jicama in a lot more dishes than ever before and making the transition to cooking with jicama in addition to eating it raw in various ways.
I’ve always liked the crunchy, mild taste (and the price!) and appreciate that jicama can be a tasty low-carb, high-fiber substitution for potatoes and other starches in many recipes.
I reached out to some of my food blogger friends and have gathered 15 jicama recipes – all using jicama in new and interesting ways.
Click on the link(s) or the photo(s) to go directly to the recipes. Enjoy and happy jicama cooking!
1. Ensalada Xec: Mayan Citrus and Jicama Salad from The Other Side of The Tortilla
2. Jicama & Cabbage Slaw from Everyday Maven
3. Jicama “Taco Shells” from ZenBelly
4. Citrus Herb Jicama “Chips” from Running to the Kitchen
5. Chipotle Squash Salad with Jicama, Goat Cheese and Avocado from Eats Well with Others
6. Low Carb Chorizo and Jicama Skillet from Everyday Maven
7. Grain Free Jicama “Fried Rice” from A Girl Worth Saving
8. Jicama and Watermelon Salad from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
9. Jicama Home Fries from Fork & Beans
10. Jicama Pico de Gallo from The Other Side of The Tortilla
11. Spicy Spiralized Shoe String Jicama Fries from Inspiralized
12. Jicama and Turnip Slaw from The Roasted Root
13. Jicama with Lime Juice and Tajin Chile Powder from Spicy Foodie
14. Dublin Coddle with Jicama from VA Hunter Gatherers
15. Jicama, Apple, and Pomegranate Salad with Raspberry Dijon Vinaigrette from An Edible Mosaic
Do you have another interesting way that you use jicama? If so, I would love to hear it!