Welcome to my little corner of the Internet! I’m so glad you’re here 🙂
I love food. I love to cook. And most of all, I love bringing people together over a good meal.
One of my favorite childhood memories is having family dinner most nights at 6PM sharp. It was taken really serious and we were all expected to be there – no excuses – if you were with a friend, there was always enough and my parents attitude was “don’t miss dinner, just bring your friend!”.
As the years went on, our table grew larger and larger. Most nights, there was one or two friends and sometimes an extended family member. It was really fun, kept our family close and really instilled in me just how much people bond and share over a meal.
One of my dreams is to have a huge oval farmhouse table that easily seats 12 to 15 to recreate this for my boys. I am a mom to two amazing boys – one in Kindergarten and one who is just becoming a toddler.
You will find some seriously delicious recipes here that are not overly complicated to make. I always start and end with Real Food ingredients and stay away from overly processed foods, preservatives and anything with artificial ingredients.
Most of my recipes are Gluten Free since my older son has a gluten sensitivity. Many of my recipes are Dairy Free since dairy hates me. Either way, you will find handy little green allergy icons above every recipe so you can quickly assess if it will work for you!
Some other random stuff about me:
- I grew up on the East Coast but now live in sunny Seattle.
- My house is 50 shades of brown and I can’t get enough of neutrals. Also espresso wood.
- I am obsessed with dogs and have been known to walk super fast or cross the street just to say hello to a pup.
- Team #savorypalate every day. I will almost always order an appetizer over a dessert.
- I had two glorious pregnancies but hell deliveries and even worse breastfeeding experiences.
- My last meal would be filled with cheese in every form. Cheese, Bread, Wine and a vat of Butter.
- Sometimes when I have a particularly trying day, I take a hot shower in the dark. It is a serious reset and does the trick every time.
- I love cheese (see above) but it hates me. I have a hard time digesting it.
- Walking around a new city, coffee or tea in hand and exploring is one of my favorite ways to spend a day.
I hope you stick around! You can explore my recipe collection here, learn more about what blogging tools I use to run this site and sign up for my email list (no spam ever PLUS you get a free Kitchen Hacks PDF) here to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
Nothing makes me giddier than to see your creations of my recipes so if you make one of my dishes and post about it, make sure you tag me and use the hashtag #everydaymaven.