Finally, the actual Vietnamese Herb Salad with Lemongrass Chicken and my Vietnamese Salad Dressing. The best part about this salad is that you can make both the chicken and dressing in advance, come home, prepare the vegetables and herbs and you have a wonderfully easy and intensely flavorful weeknight dinner in minutes.
If you read the salad dressing post, you know that this is based on a delicious salad that I had at a Vietnamese restaurant in Seattle’s International District. This is how I remember it minus two ingredients – shredded cabbage and fried shallots – I left those out to save time and simplify the dish. For me, this is best as a quick, summer meal.
It’s refreshing, light, full of flavor and very satisfying. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- You can swap seedless English cucumbers, quartered and thinly sliced or regular cucumbers, seeds removed, quartered and thinly sliced for the Persian cucumbers.
- Obviously, you can shred your own carrots, but I like to save time by buying already shredded carrots. They are super cheap (especially at Trader Joe’s) and easily save me 10 minutes.
- If you are doing a Whole30, omit my dressing and figure out a sugar free option.
6 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serves 4
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 batch Vietnamese Salad Dressing
- 1 batch Lemongrass Chicken
- 2 medium heads green leaf lettuce, cleaned and ripped into bite sized pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 Persian cucumbers, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh Thai basil leaves
- pinch kosher salt
- lime wedges for serving
- Clean lettuce and rip into bite sized pieces. Measure shredded carrots.
- Julienne bell pepper and halve and thinly slice Persian cucumbers.
- Roughly chop fresh herbs (mint, cilantro and Thai basil). Measure 1/2 cup of each.
- Combine lettuce, vegetables and herbs in a large salad bowl with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Toss with Vietnamese salad dressing and serve topped with Lemongrass Chicken