This Socca Flatbread with Pesto, Chicken Sausage and Roasted Peppers is a grain free, gluten free, dairy free and egg free pizza that can be made in under 15 minutes – start to finish!! A delicious and quick meal anytime of the day!
Now that you are all making Socca all the time, let’s make it into a pizza! I kept this Socca Pizza dairy free by using my Vegan Paleo Pesto but if you eat dairy, you can use any pesto that you have on hand.
My family LOVES pizza, especially my husband. In fact, when I first met him, he was literally living off of pizza, calzones, chocolate covered espresso beans, Italian hoagies and cheesesteaks. Totally acceptable Philly-bachelor behavior but still right? LOL
When I first told him I wanted him to try Socca Pizza, he was admittedly not very excited. He is a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to pizza, but, thankfully, he’s very open-minded about food.
The first few times I made him Socca pizza, I kept it old-school with sauce, cheese and pepperoni. He really liked it and we’ve seen been experimenting with all kinds of toppings and combos. This is my current favorite – I think that the Mediterranean flavors of the pesto, roasted peppers and chicken sausage pair really well with the slightly nutty taste of the Socca.
While my husband still prefers traditional pizza, he really likes the Socca pizza and it’s become a quick and healthy easy meal for us! One batch of my Socca recipe makes two flatbreads and this recipe is based on that so if you want to make it for one, just cut the pesto, chicken sausage and roasted peppers in half.
- Pesto: I used my Paleo Pesto to keep this Dairy Free but if you eat dairy, you can use any pesto – homemade or store-bought – that you like.
- If you can not eat Nuts, you can use a Sunflower Seed or Pumpkin Seed Pesto!
- Chicken Sausage: I used one link of Trader Joe’s Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage. They are pre-cooked so it took just 2 minutes to brown once thinly sliced. If you use a raw chicken sausage, account for that additional cooking time.
- This is best when eaten immediately. It gets soggy when it sits for too long.
- Pitted Kalamata olives are also a great addition to this pizza!
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
This Socca Flatbread with Pesto, Chicken Sausage and Roasted Peppers is a grain free, gluten free, dairy free and egg free pizza that can be made in under 15 minutes - start to finish!! A delicious and quick meal anytime of the day!
- 2 Socca Flatbread
- 1 Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage Link thinly sliced and cooked
- 1/4 cup roasted peppers drained and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Dairy-Free Pesto
Preheat oven to 450F.
Place Socca on a baking sheet. If your baking sheet isn't large enough to accomodate both flatbreads, use two baking sheets, one for each.
Spread 2 T of pesto on each Socca.
Divide sliced roasted peppers up among both flatbreads.
Finish with thinly sliced and cooked chicken sausage.
Place in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes, until ingredients are warmed through and edges of Socca are starting to brown.
Remove, slice and Enjoy!