If you are anything like me, you probably stocked up on pumpkin sometime earlier this Fall and are now trying to find things to use it up with. It’s not quite like listening to Christmas music in January but it is about to be close to the end of the “everything with pumpkin season”.
This past week we had a full house for Thanksgiving and I seized the opportunity to use up some of my pumpkin stockpiles by re-working my Coconut + Banana Overnight Baked French Toast. Either of these Baked French Toast recipes is great for holiday guests, large brunches, or decadent weekend mornings with the family. No one will ever think that a serving is ONLY 5 Points Plus and chock full of healthy ingredients.
And they are so easy to make; essentially you cut up bread and mix ingredients in a bowl. Combine, let sit overnight. Preheat your oven, bake, cool for a couple of minutes, cut and serve!
Viola! – doesn’t get much easier than that and it leaves you more time to sleep in 😉
- Please read Coconut + Banana Overnight Baked French Toast for notes about why I use Hemp Milk in this recipe, what the deal is with Stevia, and why you have to use Challah for this French Toast.
- I have found that both versions of this French Toast freeze and reheat wonderfully. To reheat, I suggest placing on a piece of tinfoil in the oven on 350F for 10 to 15 minutes OR placing it in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-low light for about 5 minutes on each side.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below!
Overnight Baked French Toast Recipe. Pumpkin Spice.
- 12 to 14 ounces challah bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Hemp Milk
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packets or 3/4 teaspoon Stevia
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- non-stick cooking spray
Cut challah into cubes and set aside.
Lightly beat eggs in large mixing bowl. Add in hemp milk, yogurt, maple syrup, salt, pumpkin spice, vanilla, stevia, and pumpkin.
- Lightly coat 9x13 glass Pyrex baking dish (lasagna pan) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cubed Challah bread into baking dish and cover with pumpkin mixture. Gently toss with a spatula until all cubes are covered.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Uncover casserole and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes and cut into 12 servings. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit. Enjoy!