This Paleo Pork and Eggplant Stir Fry with Green Beans and Basil is loaded with colorful vegetables and totally free of both gluten and soy!
Today I am excited to share with you a delish recipe for a Paleo Stir Fry (YAY!) and a chance to win a Sun Basket box of three clean ingredient meals for two people sent right to your house.
Let’s start off with some serious honestly. I have tried a ton of the “meal kit” subscription boxes and the truth is, I just haven’t liked any of them very much – either the ingredients were too low-quality, the flavor just not there or the cost just way too high. Hence, why I have never recommended one to you guys before and expected it to be more of the same.
Enter Sun Basket. They contacted me a while ago and asked me to try their service. Honestly, I was pretty hesitant. Mostly, because I have been majorly unimpressed with the others I’ve tried.
BUT and here it comes. I loved it!!! Seriously, loved.
The ingredients were awesome. Super high quality, mostly organic, all GMO-Free and clean meats from suppliers like Niman Ranch, generous portion sizes (super important to my big-appetite Hubs), accommodating to dietary restrictions (I got the Gluten Free / Paleo box) and most of all – the flavors were great. And, the recipes were super easy to execute.
I cooked my way through the box and had a call with Sun Basket to partner with them, tell you about their service and give one of you guys (in CA, OR, WA, CO, UT, AZ, NV & ID) a weekly box for two of your choosing (gluten free, paleo or vegetarian).
Use this link to get $30 off your first box (if you are the winner, you will still get an additional FREE week!)
All three recipes in my box were delicious but my favorite was the Stir Fry. Here is the recipe — reprinted with permission of course.
15 minPrep Time
16 minCook Time
31 minTotal Time
- 3/4 pound Chinese eggplant, cut into quarters and then into 2" pieces
- 1/2 pound green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, core and seeds removed, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 pound pork shoulder strips
- 4 to 6 dried red chilies (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Mirin
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon avocado oil, divided
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread raw cashews out on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over medium high heat and add 1 Tablespoon avocado oil. Once hot, add pork strips. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 Tablespoon avocado oil to frying pan. Once hot, add eggplant. Season with salt and cook until tender and starting to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add remaining teaspoon of avocado oil to pan. Add garlic and ginger, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Toss in bell peppers, green beans and dried chilies along with 1/4 water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are starting to be tender but still have a nice crispness to them, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add pork and eggplant back to pan along with coconut aminos, coconut vinegar and mirin. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to coat everything in the sauce.
- Remove from heat. Add toasted sesame oil and basil leaves. Adjust salt if necessary and add black pepper. Serve topped with toasted cashews and Enjoy!
A little more about Sun Basket:
- All recipes are created by Executive Chef Justine Kelly, formerly head chef at James Beard award-winning restaurant The Slanted Door in San Francisco
- Organic non-GMO produce from the best West Coast farms
- Sustainably sourced, hormone-free meats and seafood
- Easy, healthy 30-minute recipes designed for minimal cleanup
- Carefully packaged to stay fresh in the box for 8 hours after delivery
- 100% recyclable packaging with free return shipping
ENTER TO WIN BELOW. GOOD LUCK!
DISCLOSURE: This post is in partnership with Sun Basket.