Use up your leftover chicken to create these quick, easy and delicious Gluten Free Balsamic Chicken Wraps. Made in partnership with Flatout Flatbread.
A lot of you are going to be SUPER excited about this quick and easy recipe as well as this new partnership. I know that so many of you are doing Weight Watchers and I get emails and messages every single day asking me to create more Smart Points friendly dishes that are real food based, gluten free and use lean protein along with a hefty dose of fresh veggies.
These Balsamic Chicken Wraps answer the call and are made with the Flatout Gluten Free Flatbread, use leftover chicken, fresh baby spinach, roasted peppers (packed in water) and a generous drizzle of balsamic reduction.
Flatout Flatbread is the only flatbread to be endorsed by Weight Watchers and coming next month all of their new packaging will list the Smart Point value of each flatbread. For reference, the Gluten Free Flatouts are 4 SmartPoints each. These Balsamic Chicken Wraps are just 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving!
Pair with a side salad, fruit salad or some cooked veggies and you have a filling and tasty lunch that helps keep you on track.
- This recipe makes extra Balsamic Reduction. Store in a mason jar or other glass container and use on salads, sandwiches, fresh berries, yogurt and more.
- Reheating options: I’ve had the best success reheating the Flatout Gluten Free Flatbread in the microwave for 20 to 25 seconds prior to using. I know some of you are adverse to using a microwave. I recommend wrapping the flatbread (while flat) in a piece of tin foil and placing in a 225F preheated oven for just a few minutes until pliable.
Alyssa | EverydayMaven
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced
- 2 Flatout Flatbread Gluten Free wraps
- 1/2 ounce fresh baby spinach, divided
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers (packed in water), sliced and divided
- 4 ounces leftover skinless, boneless chicken breast, pulled apart into pieces
- Pour balsamic vinegar into small saucepan. Place over medium low heat and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, until reduced to 1/3 cup. Make sure to stir frequently. Allow to cool before using.
- Warm gluten free Flatout Flatbread for 20 to 25 seconds in the microwave (see NOTES above for oven option if you don't want to use microwave).
- Layer each flatbread with 1/4 ounce baby spinach, 1/8 cup roasted peppers and 2 ounces leftover chicken breast.
- Drizzle each with 1 T balsamic reduction.
- Tightly roll, slice in half, serve and Enjoy!
- TIP: To pack for later. Wrap a piece of parchment or wax paper as tightly as possible around wrap, then roll that in plastic wrap or tin foil until ready to eat.
Weight Watchers Info:
6 Smart Points Per Serving Serving Size is 1 Complete Wrap. Recipe Makes 2 Servings.