So when Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate asked to partner with me and use their products (which I already buy and am a huge fan of!) in one of my indulgent chocolate summertime treats – I knew right away I had to share these little frozen bits of heaven with you.
You cannot skimp on low quality blueberries (get organic and local if possible) and you most certainly cannot skimp on the quality of chocolate you buy.
For this recipe, I chose to use the Green & Black’s Organic 85% Dark Chocolate. Its rich, intense flavor pairs so well with the slightly sweet and tart taste of the fresh blueberries.
Since blueberry centers never really freeze all the way through, you wind up with a crisp frozen shell of dark chocolate and an almost creamy fruit center. Each one tastes like a decadent treat but there is nothing to feel guilty about here! NOTES:
- Since these are freezer treats, you do not have to worry about tempering the chocolate.
- If you prefer a more mellow dark chocolate, I recommend the Green & Black’s Organic 70% Dark Chocolate or for you milk chocolate lovers, the Green & Black’s Organic Milk Chocolate.
- Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate is 100% Organic and Fair Trade Certified.
- Visit the Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate website to learn more about the socially responsible values that are the foundation of the company and see their full product line.
3 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serves 15
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- Two 3.5-ounce Green & Black's Organic Dark 85% bars, melted
- 1 1/2 pints fresh blueberries, cleaned and dried
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper
- Thoroughly wash the blueberries and place in a single layer on paper towels to dry.
- Set up a
- As soon as chocolate is melted, immediately remove from heat and gently place blueberries into chocolate. Use spatula to swirl the blueberries around until well coated.
- Use a slotted spoon or
- Transfer to baking sheet. Place in the freezer to set.
- Once set, transfer frozen Dark Chocolate Covered blueberries to an air-tight container with a lid and keep in freezer until ready to eat. Eat alone as a snack or serve over ice cream or frozen yogurt and Enjoy!
Are you a fan of Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate or all chocolates? Leave a comment below to enter for a chance to win a $100 cash equivalent gift card plus a Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate prize pack!
This sweepstakes is sponsored and fulfilled by BlogHer
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of GREEN & BLACK’S ORGANIC Chocolate. All opinions are 100% mine.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This sweepstakes is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/21/2015 – 6/30/2015.