Creamy Cashew Citrus Smoothie. A protein packed, dairy free and gluten free smoothie loaded with fresh orange flavor. Made in minutes! This recipe is sponsored by Nielsen-Massey.
I know I’ve talked about this before but my kids go through phases with their love for smoothies. When they are in a smoothie phase, they are all in, requesting smoothies for breakfasts and snacks. Wanting to make extra to freeze into popsicles and thinking of creative new ideas.
Right now, we are in a hard-core smoothie phase. Probably has a lot to do with this weather – not complaining – it’s nice and hot in Seattle and you all we don’t really have air-conditioning. A frosty smoothie is a super refreshing treat!
When Nielsen-Massey reached out to me and asked to collaborate with them and develop a fruity summer treat using one of their high quality extracts, I started immediately thinking of this Creamy Cashew Citrus Smoothie that I have been making and how their Pure Orange Extract could enhance the citrus flavor.
All of their extracts are GMO-Free, certified gluten-free, certified Kosher and allergen-free and I’ve been using their products for years (their Vanilla is amazing!). One of the things that I like the most about the brand is that their products are consistent and always high-quality.
My kids have a bit of an obsession with all things citrus, especially oranges and this smoothie is super creamy and tastes like a healthier creamsicle!
I used unsweetened vanilla hemp milk but unsweetened vanilla cashew milk or even unsweetened vanilla soymilk would work. If you don’t have unsweetened vanilla, use unsweetened plain and add 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
P.S. If you have leftovers, this freezes nicely in popsicle molds!!
Alyssa | EverydayMaven
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 12 ounces unsweetened vanilla non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Orange Extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 T cashew butter
- 2 medium Navel oranges, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced into 1/2" pieces and frozen
- handful ice
- chopped cashews and orange slice for serving (optional)
- Ripe bananas need to be frozen ahead of time. Peel, cut into 1/2" pieces and freeze until solid. Transfer to an air-tight storage container until ready to use. Can be done up to 1 month in advance.
- Peel oranges and quarter.
- Place all ingredients in the body of a blender in the order listed.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately topped with chopped cashews and an orange slice. Enjoy!
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by Nielsen-Massey. Nielsen-Massey has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe and share about my experience using their products. All opinions are my own.