Grilled Taco Turkey Burgers are a fun family meal that everyone loves. On the table in under 20 minutes and made with just a handful of ingredients! Made in partnership with New Seasons Market.
Can you believe that Father’s Day is this weekend? I can’t! It literally seems like Mother’s Day was a week ago. WHY is time going so fast!?
Maybe it has something to do with our older son wrapping up 1st grade. His last day is actually tomorrow. Seriously guys, I can’t even with how big he is. I am just a few months away from having a 2nd grader. I feel like we are entering big kid zone now and it’s totally insane. #notready
Well, along with going up a grade and getting older comes more (SO MANY MORE) opinions. Opinions about everything, including food and what to eat on Father’s Day. Since my husband is a burger fanatic and everyone in my family is ridiculously obsessed with anything taco, my son thought that we should have “taco burgers”. Smart kid right?
We tested this recipe with beef and we didn’t love it but after trying it with ground turkey and ground pork, we fell in love.
The first few times we incorporated minced onion and finely chopped cilantro into the burger mixture but you know what? You don’t need it. It does add another layer of flavor but it also adds 10 more minutes and the burgers are just as good with just the taco seasoning.
New Seasons Market has high quality ground dark meat turkey that is already packaged in 1-pound packages. It’s also only $4.99 / lb which is a great deal as high quality ground poultry tends to run really high. It may be next to the meat counter or in the freezer section depending on which New Seasons you shop at.
Anyway, grab some packages and make these burgers STAT! I’ve served them on the GF buns, as lettuce wraps and also on a bed of lettuce and they have been a hit every single time! If you do dairy, a slice or two of jalapeno jack would be fabulous.
Happy Father’s Day and Enjoy!
- To save time, pick up pre-made pico de gallo and a junk free taco seasoning. New Seasons also has Frontier Organic Taco Seasoning in bulk if you don’t want to buy a whole bottle.
- The Mercer Island Store is only about 10 to 15 minutes from downtown Seattle (it’s off the I-90, ¼ mile south of Exit 7A) but if you can’t make it or don’t want to cross the bridge (I get you), they recently partnered with Amazon Prime Now to offer home delivery.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 pound New Seasons Ground Dark Meat Turkey
- 2 to 3 T taco seasoning
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 8 T pico de gallo
- pickled jalapeños
- 4 high quality gluten free buns (OPTIONAL)
- Can be served as a salad on a bed of fresh lettuce or as lettuce wraps
- Begin by oiling grill grates and preheating grill to medium heat.
- Mix the the ground turkey meat with the taco seasoning. Use your hands to mix until seasoning is well incorporated and divide mixture into four evenly sized burger patties.
- Grill for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- If serving as burgers, toast gluten free buns and layer bottom bun with sliced avocado. Place burger on top of avocado and top with pickled jalapenos and 2 T of pico de gallo.
- For salads, serve ingredients over a bed of dressed lettuce. Enjoy!
DISCLOSURE: This post is part of a series of sponsored posts in partnership with New Seasons Market. New Seasons has compensated me for my time to tell you about my personal experience with their stores and to create this recipe. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EverydayMaven possible.