You know how sometimes you have an idea that is so simple but yet so brilliant, you think, “Why didn’t I think of this before?” Well, this Spicy Sriracha Mayo Roasted Chicken is one of those for me.
I am finally getting back into the kitchen (it feels great!) and since I am really short on time right now, I have been thinking about how to simplify our dinners without sacrificing taste.
Slathering a whole chicken with Sriracha Mayonnaise took me all of 5 minutes – including making my own homemade immersion blender mayo. I tossed it in the oven and while it was roasting, turned the pan a couple times. I then basted it once about half an hour before the cooking time was up.
Viola, dinner done. Mostly hands off and supremely delicious!
- It’s important to note that this is NOT spicy. If you want it to be spicy, you will need to really amp up the amount of Sriracha.
- Putting the mayo under the skin really helps impart the flavor into the meat of the chicken. You can skip this step but just know that while you will still have a really moist roasted chicken, the flavor will really only be prominent on the skin of the larger pieces (breasts, thighs).
5 minPrep Time
1 hr, 30 Cook Time
1 hr, 35 Total Time
- 1 four and a half to five pound whole chicken
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise (or high-quality store bought)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sriracha Hot Sauce (your favorite brand)
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup mayo with 1 1/2 T of Sriracha.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a
- Gently lift the skin from the breasts and thighs and rub 2 T of the Sriracha Mayo under the skin. Use a basting brush (or your hands) to evenly distribute another 2 T of the mayo all over the chicken. Set aside the other 4 T.
- Roast on center rack for 1 hour. Remove from oven, baste with remaining mayo and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove, allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, carve, serve and Enjoy!