The Food Matters Project: Greek Nacho Salad
By: Alyssa Brantley
- (Note that the photo only shows 3 tomatoes but I used 6 as listed below)
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lowfat, plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves (approximately 4 stems)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 servings plain Pita Chips, divided
- 5 to 6 Roma tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 English cucumber, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine Greek yogurt, feta cheese, mint leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in bowl of food processor or blender.
- Process until completely smooth and set aside in refrigerator (Can be made in advance).
- Cut tomatoes into eighths.
- Slice ends of cucumber and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Cut pitted Kalamata olives in half.
- Slice onion in half and proceed to thinly slice.
- Combine all vegetables in a bowl and give a generous sprinkle of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grab 4 plates and divide up the Pita Chips, top each with 1/4 of the salad mix and finish with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Serve and Enjoy!
Recipe by EverydayMaven™ at http://www.everydaymaven.com/2012/greeknachosalad/