The Food Matters Project: Romesco Sauce
By: Alyssa Brantley
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 12-ounce jar (8-ounces drained) roasted red peppers (or 2 roasted peppers)
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves and stems (mostly leaves)
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in body of food processor or blender.
- Process until well combined and begin to slowly add in olive oil.
- Store in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days and put on everything. I love to use a dollar store squeeze bottle for sauces like this. You definitely do NOT need one but it is a quick way to make it look pretty.
Recipe by EverydayMaven™ at http://www.everydaymaven.com/2012/the-food-matters-project-salmon-with-romanesco-sauce/