Slow Cooker Sausage and Vegetable Ratatouille
- 1 pound uncooked, crumbled spicy Italian sausage (not in casings) (see NOTES)
- 1 large red bell pepper, ribs removed and cut into 1" squares
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 pound zucchini, trimmed and cut into ¼" half moons
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 medium cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 25-ounce jar pasta sauce (see NOTES)
- pinch kosher salt
- fresh basil (or parsley) for serving
- Slice bell pepper in half and remove ribs and seeds. Cut into 1" squares.
- Trim ends off of eggplant and cut into 1" cubes (leave skin on).
- Trim ends off of zucchini and cut into ¼" half moons (leave skin on).
- Peel onion, quarter and thinly slice.
- Finally, use a garlic press to crush the garlic or finely chop.
- Crumble sausage into slow cooker, taking care to break up any large pieces. Toss in bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini, onion, garlic, pasta sauce and pinch of salt. Toss until well combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. See NOTES above for alternate cooking instructions.
- Serve topped with fresh chopped basil (or parsley) and Enjoy!
Recipe by EverydayMaven™ at http://www.everydaymaven.com/2014/slow-cooker-sausage-and-vegetable-ratatouille/