Fresh Tomato Pizza with Crushed Fennel and Goat Cheese. A simple vegetarian personal pizza that is on your plate in under 15 minutes total time! Made in partnership with Flatout Flatbread. #FlatoutLove
Let’s talk personal pizza. I am a BIG fan. Mostly because my hubs and boys are pretty traditional when it comes to their pizza. They are all about pepperoni and sometimes they mix in just plain cheese pizza. Nothing wrong with that but I like a bit more variety and personal pizza is a the perfect vehicle to try new flavor combos.
I mean, it’s just your pizza so no risk of pissing off anyone else lol.
When my friends at Flatout asked me create a light summer pizza using their Gluten Free flatbread wraps that would be a great option for all of my readers following Weight Watchers Smart Points, I immediately thought of a fresh tomato and fennel pizza I used to order at a cafe in Philly when I lived there.
It was on a thin, crispy flatbread and slathered in olive oil, goat cheese, crushed fennel seeds and fresh Jersey tomatoes. I remade it from memory, lightened it up, used the Flatout GF wraps as the pizza base and got the best quality ripe, heirloom tomato I could find.
The Gluten Free Flatout wraps are 4 SmartPoints® each and Flatout is the only flatbread endorsed by Weight Watchers so every variety has the Smartpoints® on the packaging. This makes it very easy!
Even if you’re not doing WW and tracking SmartPoints®, this Fresh Tomato Pizza with Crushed Fennel and Goat Cheese is an awesome way to enjoy pizza without diving into a calorie bomb.
The end result is ridiculously good. Perfect for a quick, healthy meal – literally on the table in under 15 minutes. Plus, just 8 4 SmartPoints® per personal pizza. Serve with a nice green salad and you are in business! Pizza craving solved – no deprivation necessary – just a healthier option!
6 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- 1 Flatout Gluten Free Wraps
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- pinch kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- basil leaves
- 1/2 ounce crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. While the oven is preheating, line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or tin foil.
- Place Flatout Gluten Free Wraps on parchment and brush with 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Wash and slice tomato into six pieces and place tomato slices on flatbread.
- Sprinkle crushed fennel seeds, salt and black pepper over tomatoes and top with fresh basil leaves and 1/2 ounce crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted and flatout wrap edges are crispy.
- Remove, allow to rest for 30 to 45 seconds, slice into 4 pieces, serve and Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Info:
8 Smart Points Per Serving Serving Size is 1 Flatbread
DISCLOSURE: This post is part of a series of posts sponsored by Flatout Flatbread. Flatout has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make EverydayMaven possible. All opinions are my own.