Now that Memorial Day has passed, can we say summer is officially here? Even though the weather was a bit grey this weekend, I am not complaining. Early summer came to Seattle and it’s been mostly warm and sunny for weeks now.
We make some variation of this smoothie a lot. Sometimes with greens in it, often as popsicles and now as chia seed pudding.
This comes together in minutes and just needs to set in the fridge. I like to top it with some unsweetened, shredded coconut and serve.
- If you want to spike this, add 2 ounces of Malibu Rum or other Rum to the smoothie ingredients before blending.
- Toasted coconut or fresh cherries also makes a great topping!
7 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serves 2
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 batch Pina Colada Smoothie from BLEND
- 4 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 8-ounce mason jars with lids
- TIP: You do not need to use frozen bananas to make the smoothie. Fresh, ripe banana will work just fine.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds in each mason jar.
- Make smoothie as directed, pour half into each mason jar and stir until well mixed.
- Place lids on and refrigerate until set (approximately 4 to 6 hours). Eat within 3 days and Enjoy!