For me, there is no better way than crispy roasted brussels sprouts.
But, and this is a big but, I do not cook for myself and some of my family members (ahem, my mom) really prefers her brussels sprouts roasted whole.
To keep the peace, I have taken to alternating how I cook brussels sprouts just to keep everyone happy and eating their vegetables.
While this is a simple recipe and more about technique, a huge upside is that you can fit a lot more brussels sprouts on one tray. This is particularly helpful if your kitchen is a one-oven kitchen like mine and the oven is already full roasting a chicken or something else.
2 Points Plus Per Serving -- Serves 6
5 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside. Wash brussels sprouts and trim the very ends of the stem off.
- Use a paring knife to cut an X into the stem of each one. I usually go about 1/4 deep.
- Toss brussels with olive oil, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove and use a tongs to turn each one over.
- Place back in the oven and cook an additional 20 to 25 minutes until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!