So, you guys know how I have a toddler right? Well, toddlers are a little bit insane eaters.
One day, he loves broccoli, the next day he can’t even hear the word. One day, it’s peanuts and raisins for a snack, the next day it is insulting to offer such a disgusting combination.
There are only a couple things that consistently pass the toddler test around here: anything with coconut milk, curry, cumin, pretty much any kind of fruit, a particular vegetarian bowl from Chipotle, every variety of nuts, smoothies (for the most part), toasted seaweed and crackers ?!?
The more occasionally than not would are: carrots, dates, tomatoes, hummus, pretzels, green beans, anything Indian flavors, quinoa, rice and beans (that isn’t from Chipotle) and this Chia Seed Pudding.
Everything else is a crap shoot and pretty much like playing the lottery. You just never know when you are going to win.
Well, this pudding is a winner right now so I am running with it. Any minute and it will be the most offensive thing I could ever offer my son and he will say something like, “No pudding. No more. NO! Don’t like that anymore!” Between you and me, I’m sort of looking forward to that day because then it will for just for Mommy and I may just spike it with almond liquor.
- If you like Tapioca, you will LOVE this. If you have issues with textures and avoid Tapioca or Bubble Tea for that reason, then this may not be for you.
- 6 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 tablespoons slivered toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened, plain almond milk
- Combine Chia Seeds with almond extract, slivered almonds and maple syrup.
- Stir to combine and pour in almond milk.
- Refrigerate for at least six hours, stirring (or shaking) occasionally.
- A couple hours later.
- Serve and Enjoy!