Like many people, I often find myself in a snack rut, eating the same things over and over again. Apples and peanut butter, sliced turkey and carrots, apples and peanut butter, cucumbers and hummus, apples and peanut butter. See a trend here?
How many apples and peanut butter can a person eat for crying out loud?
So, I have been on a mission to make more interesting snacks available. Like these spice roasted chickpeas (read: season a can of chickpeas and cook in oven).
This recipe is my take on Thai Roasted Chickpeas. I made these to go along with a Thai dinner menu I was making last week and they came out so great I had to share it with you.
I am also working on a Wasabi, Mexican, and Sweet version as we speak so if you like these, be sure to request “flavors” on my Facebook Fan Page!
- I use Coconut Oil in this recipe. You can easily substitute avocado oil or any other high-heat cooking oil.
- Roasted Chickpeas are great party snacks, just be sure to double the recipe so you have a nice size bowl for your guests.
- Another great use is to add texture and flavor to salads and wraps!
- Make sure to let these cool completely before storing as they can get mushy if still hot.
2 Points Plus per serving -- Recipe makes 12 Servings -- Individual Serving is 1/4 cup
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 cans organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten free tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 to 7 turns of fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and place into a bowl. Add in coconut oil, soy sauce and spices. Toss until well coated.
- Scoop chickpeas onto a non-stick baking sheet OR a baking sheet lined with tin foil and lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Leave any extra liquid in the bowl and don't pour onto baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Turn / Toss and Roast for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, place in a bowl and serve!