Do you have five minutes?
Do you want an unbelievably satisfying and decadent frozen treat to be in your freezer waiting to be devoured when a chocolate craving strikes?
Do you want it to only cost 1 Points Plus?
Well, if you answered yes to any of these questions, then you need to make these no-bake cookies now!
It doesn’t get much easier than stirring together a handful in ingredients, using a spoon to drop it onto a cookie sheet and waiting for them to freeze.
Oh She Glows is an amazing Vegan food blog by Angela Liddon. Not only does Angela bring it when comes to amazing Vegan food but in my opinion she really shines at Vegan desserts and sweet treats. Her Frosty No-Bake cookies caught my eye over the summer and I started making them almost immediately. We all love them, especially my toddler! An added bonus is that I feel good about giving him a “cookie” that doesn’t have any added sugar, flour, or butter and includes ingredients like bananas, oats, and chia seeds.
I modified Angela’s recipe to make more cookies per batch as well as tweaked a couple of ingredients, suiting our taste and texture preferences – you can’t go wrong with either recipe, these cookies are just amazing and definitely worth trying!
- In a nutshell, Chia seeds are high in Omega 3′s and similar to flax seeds (click here to learn more). I buy Chia Seeds in bulk at Whole Foods but Bob’s Red Mill also sells them pre-packaged. They are a necessity for these cookies because they keep them from becoming too hard in the freezer. They are also super good for you so it’s a win-win.
- If you shop at Trader Joe’s look for a 3 pack of their mini dark chocolate bars – you can see them in the photo below showing the ingredients. Each one of these mini bars is 1/4 cup when chopped and is perfect for this recipe! Alternately, you can use chocolate chips.
- The coconut is Organic, Unsweetened, Shredded Coconut for Baking. I buy this at Whole Foods but have seen it at many other stores in my area. Just make sure whatever brand you buy is just coconut and doesn’t have any sulfates or additives!
Recipe Adapted From: Oh She Glows Frosty No Bake Cookies
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- 1½ ripe bananas
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- If you are using a chocolate bar, break up into pieces.
- Place in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 1½ minutes. The chocolate won’t be liquid but will be melted enough to mash the bananas into.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir until well coated and thoroughly mixed.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the batter onto a cookie sheet lined with either parchment or wax paper.
- You should have about 12 cookies.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer and let set for a couple of hours. When cookies are set, remove from tray and place into a freezer safe container.
- Keep in freezer and pop out one whenever you having a craving for chocolate!